This site contains the full text of William Henry Fox Talbot’s writings contained in The Pencil of Nature published in London between 1844 and 1846. The purpose of this site is to make Talbot’s fascinating initial thoughts on photography more widely accessible to serious students of photography.
For more information on Talbot or The Pencil of Nature, see the following links:
- Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum and Village
- The Correspondence of William Henry Fox Talbot
- Glasgow University Library, Special Collections Department, Book of the Month, February 2007, The Pencil of Nature
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History, W.H.F. Talbot and the Invention of Photography
- BBC Biography of W.H.F. Talbot